So, Steve's first Texas football experience + my first time in the Cotton Bowl + first trip to the Texas State Fair...like I said - it was a big weekend in our household!
We met up with my folks and sister on Saturday morning and rode the DART to the fairgrounds. The train was full of burnt orange and crimson (or is it maroon? I never can remember...) and the fans were psyched for the game at 11am.
We met one little OU fan who was probably 7 or 8. He was very excited for the game, and then proceeded to tell us all about his costume for Halloween this year. He is going as bacon and eggs. Isn't that the cutest? Anyway...
After visiting Big Tex, cruising the midway (and riding a super crazy fair ride on which I felt like I was upside down more than I was rightside up), we enjoyed one of my favorite parts of any state fair - the fried food! I got my staple (fried oreos), but my sister won this year with her fried poptart. I know it sounds weird, but I promise, it was amazing!
Before we knew it, it was time to head into the stadium.
When we got to our seats, the UT side was just starting to fill up...which made for a great photo op with my boots. :)
After a few minutes, the game was in full swing. The Longhorns played their hearts out and really fought the entire game. The entire stadium was shocked when they were up at halftime, but when they kept the lead, the entire Longhorn half of the stadium went crazy for the rest of the game!
In the end, the Longhorns pulled off the win! It was such an exciting game. We had a great time at the game, and the fair food was an added bonus. Here's hoping that we can make it to the game next year. Thanks to my parents for the tickets and the great experience! Hook em, horns! \m/











No comments:
Post a Comment