+ Our rehearsal dinner was at a local BBQ joint and honkey tonk. The groomsmen somehow decided to challenge each other to eat the spiciest pepper that the restaurant had - all at once. Watching their faces as the heat hit each one was quite entertaining.
+ Herman (my parents' dog) and Lyla ran around in their bow-tie and "wedding dress" that my grandma got them while my bridal party got ready at my parents' house. Then, while we were on our honeymoon, Lyla apparently had a "trash the dress session" when she took off into the woods behind my folks' house dressed to the nines. Hah!
+ I learned, an hour before the ceremony was to begin and after I was already dressed, that the water had gone out at the reception hall. Oops. Luckily, it came back on shortly before the ceremony began. Whew!
Sitting on a stool in the bridal suite after just learning the no-water news.
+ Steve was so nervous during our vows that he boldly declared, "I will!" instead of "I do." ;)
+ My dress had 32 (I think?) bustles in it. The seamstress had to color-code them so that we could remember which bustle went where on the actual day. My mom and sister were bustling pros by the time we got that thing all bustled up!
+ Our reception venue was a short drive from the chapel, so after we finished with photographs at the church, the venue's wedding planner, Jerri, drove us over to the reception hall in her suburban. Being that we were in Texas, it wasn't a surprise to see a snake on the road - but what was surprising was when Jerri intentionally swerved to run it over. She was fearless! RIP, Mr. Snake.
"Um, I am the bride," I said, "I don't have my ID on me."
"I'm sorry ma'am," the sweet gal responded, "but I can't serve you unless I see your ID."
Sigh. Good thing the best man was looking out for me and snuck a glass from the bar for me. ;)
+ You know how every wedding has a "do not play" and a "must play this" music playlist? Well, I insisted on both the Cupid Shuffle and the Wobble. Yes, I was that bride. I love a good line dance.
+ When I tossed my bouquet, I hit the chandelier above my head - twice. Oops. I never did have very good aim...
+ We left the reception through a field of bubbles. It was magical, until I got to the end and while saying goodbye to my parents, realized I couldn't find my sister. I was nearly in tears - I couldn't leave for the honeymoon without telling her goodbye. Thankfully, she appeared at the very end of the line and I got to give her a hug.
There are so many fun little behind-the-scenes stories of our wedding. I hope you enjoyed these few. Do you have any fun behind-the-scenes stories from your wedding day, or a wedding you've attended? I'd love to hear them!










Awww... I love these behind the scenes look at your wedding! :-) Happy *almost* anniversary!
ReplyDeleteso many things happened! ha! makes it memorable though, right?! i can't believe you got carded at your own wedding!!!
ReplyDeletehappy anniversary!
It was so funny when it happened, I really didn't know what to do! And all I wanted was just one glass of white wine for the entire evening, lol. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much, lady! :)
ReplyDelete