Some of my favorite triggers:
The smell of coffee // my dad, brewing coffee at home when I was young. Such a comforting, soothing smell.
| source |
| source |
S'mores // block party bonfires in my hometown. Every year, all of the neighborhood kids would gather at the bottom of the huge hill next to our house to watch fireworks (I think for the 4th of July?). We would collectively "ooh" and "ahh" while we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.
![]() |
| source |
Shania Twain // my entire middle school/high school experience. I listened to all of her albums pretty much non-stop through my adolescent years and still love her.
![]() |
| source |
The Peanuts Gang // family gatherings at my grandparents' house with my cousins. We were all obsessed with Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown and still practically have the entire thing memorized (and watch it every time we're together). {That's it, Chuck, you're leading!} Steve got to watch it with us for the first time after we got married, and I'm pretty sure he thought all six of us were crazy.
![]() |
| source |
Both Kings Island and Cedar Point have Peanuts-themed kiddie parks within the theme park. The Kings Island one is actually based off of Race For Your Life Charlie Brown. I pretty much died when I saw it. And yes, I wanted to ride all of the kiddie rides. I'm pretty sure Pops would have wanted to, too. :)
Do you have any triggers that transport you back in time whenever you see/smell/taste them? I'd love to hear about them!



i love how certain little things can trigger happy memories! :) the smell of original chapstick makes me think of my dad because he always had it when i was little!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great one! My mom always used cherry chapstick, I use it to this day because it reminds me of her. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love Kings Island! I went there all of the time growing up. Season passes!!! Now we live right beside Carowinds, but it's like half the size and not nearly as fun.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I have the entire theme song to "Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown" memorized.
ReplyDeleteSeason passes to Kings Island - that's the life! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, guaranteed. I say to Steve any time I beat him at something: "We're number one! We're number one, yeah!" I'm sure he loves it...
ReplyDelete