{Linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy}
November 4: An Experience.
I had always dreamed of going to Italy. I actually took Italian in college - even though I am terrible at foreign languages - in hopes of persuading my parents to one day send me overseas. The rule was, if you mastered a language, you got to go to that country. Well, I never mastered Italian but when I graduated from college, I got my wish. My mom, sister, Gannie and I spent two weeks in Rome and Florence, and I loved every second of it.
I had been overseas once before - to London during spring break in college - but this was the first time that I found myself truly immersed in a foreign culture. We saw all of the big sights, had pizza nearly every day and enjoyed gelato every afternoon. It was amazing.
What made this particular trip extra-special was the chance to spend it with the most influential women in my life before I headed off to law school. So much was in flux in my life during that time - but when we were strolling the streets of Firenze or touring Vatican City, it was like time stood still. I remember stopping multiple times during our trip and thinking to myself, "If only I could imprint this moment into my mind and relive it over and over again." Not only was I in the country I had dreamed of my whole life, but I was also sharing it with the dearly beloved ladies in my life. It was perfect.
It was a wonderful trip and the best graduation present this girl could have ever asked for. I can't wait to go back to Italy sometime - hopefully soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment