reading: "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. My mom loaned it to me over the weekend and I haven't been able to put it down.
making: good use of our new living room furniture. You can read more about that here.
cooking: turkey! I helped my mom prepare the turkey for Thanksgiving dinner - it was my first time roasting a large bird.
drinking: peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks. Yum. I also tried a peppermint mocha over the weekend and for a girl who doesn't like coffee, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
wanting: a new camera. It's on my Christmas list :)
watching: 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family. I am a huge fan of the old claymation movies, especially Rudolph.
eating: unfortunately, not enough Thanksgiving leftovers. That's the only downside of flying to home for Thanksgiving - we can't bring leftovers back. But I got in my fair share while we were there!
enjoying: Christmas music. All day, every day.
deciding: to spend more time reading and less time watching TV.
wishing: that grocery stores sold egg nog all year long. I love egg nog.
wondering: what to get everyone for Christmas. I see a trip to the outlet mall in my near future...
learning: that thanksgiving isn't just a one-day-a-year thing. It's every day, every year.
hoping: that I will master this whole twitter thing eventually...
marveling: at how the Christmas lights twinkle and dance on our Christmas tree.
smelling: peppermint everything. Yum.
missing: my family. Can't wait to see them again in just a few weeks though for Christmas.
wearing: dresses and leggings. By far my favorite outfit combination. It's so comfortable.
noticing: how important it is to choose words wisely.
knowing: that even though I am a "grown up," it's totally okay to be a kid about Christmas.
thinking: about running another half marathon. Maybe one in Dallas - an excuse to see my folks for the weekend? We will see!
pinning: crockpot recipes. Time to gear up for these cold winter months.
feeling: homesick (and Texas-sick).
praying: for my sister as she travels all over the country for residency interviews.
looking forward to: seeing my family for Christmas!
loving: John Piper's advent devotionals. They are a great way to remember the true reason for this beautiful season.
wearing: dresses and leggings. By far my favorite outfit combination. It's so comfortable.
noticing: how important it is to choose words wisely.
knowing: that even though I am a "grown up," it's totally okay to be a kid about Christmas.
thinking: about running another half marathon. Maybe one in Dallas - an excuse to see my folks for the weekend? We will see!
pinning: crockpot recipes. Time to gear up for these cold winter months.
feeling: homesick (and Texas-sick).
praying: for my sister as she travels all over the country for residency interviews.
looking forward to: seeing my family for Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment