Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Holiday Festivities

Christmas of 2016 may be behind us, but I wanted to take a post (as I play catch-up) to commemorate some of the other December happenings that filled this year's Christmas season.

My mom and I kicked off December with a mother-daughter date night to see The Nutcracker at the Winspear Opera House in downtown Dallas.  We got dressed up and had a delicious meal at one of my favorite little spots in town, Joyce & Gigi's, before heading over to the opera house.

 

One of my favorite things about working in my office building is that it is so close to the performing arts centers of Dallas.  We just parked in my building and walked across the street into the opera house!  It was both of our first time stepping foot in the beautiful opera house, and my mom's first time seeing The Nutcracker live on stage.  We had a great time and I hope we can make this into an ongoing holiday tradition in the future!


The holiday season was also a perfect excuse to gather together some of my favorite people for a high school reunion dinner.  We gathered at Maguire's, a North Dallas staple, and caught up over delicious food and drinks.


I have known these folks for half of my life now, and I love how we can get together and pick up right where we left off each time - new spouses/SOs and all.  (Steve had to work late under a filing deadline, so he unfortunately missed the dinner, but there will be a next time soon I am sure!)

Our social calendar became very busy in December, too, with several holiday parties.  The first was Steve's office party, which included a tour of Christmas lights in the Park Cities and a stop at the infamous Santa House (which is also a staple along my neighborhood running route).


We also attended a Christmas open house, beautifully hosted by one of our favorite couples, followed by a carb-loading dinner in preparation for my half-marathon the next day.


Our holiday party season wrapped up with my office's holiday party, held at the Joule Hotel in downtown.  They went all out for the party - live band, mac & cheese bar, Great Gatsby theme and all.  It was a lot of fun!



December is always a busy time for me with work.  That's just the real estate legal world for ya.  So there were several long nights and weekends in the office, but what spare time I did have was spent mainly with this view.  Our Christmas tree and our little Christmas pup.  It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments :

Post a Comment