Sunday, July 10, 2016

Summer Highlight Reel


This summer has been pretty busy around these parts!  Between Memorial Day and the 4th of July, Steve and I traveled every weekend but one!  So time has really flown.  Here's what we've been up to so far this summer, one picture at a time.

We enjoyed a Texas Rangers game - complete with thirteenth row seats behind home plate and garlic parmesan fries - thanks to by a generous coworker of mine.


I spent a weekend in beautiful Chicago for a work retreat and had the best time with my colleagues.


My flight back to Dallas was cancelled due to weather, but the silver lining was that I got to spend an entire extra day with Gannie and my aunt at this beloved place.


Steve and I celebrated our 4th anniversary at Bob's Chophouse, a Dallas staple, with some of the most delicious filets and mac & cheese ever.  <3


My family spent a beautiful weekend at Broken Bow, OK for a boating weekend in honor of Father's Day.


I practiced getting some air on the wakeboard - this is the best I have done so far and I am looking forward to continuing to improve!


I got some much needed quality time with these beloved ladies.


I don't have a picture to share (I left that to my brother in law, who is a semi-professional photographer!) but Steve and I traveled to Slapout, Alabama to celebrate his sweet grandmother's 90th birthday.  It was my first time to Slapout and I was glad to see where Steve spent many summers growing up, and to get to know some of his extended family better.  It was a great visit!

After returning from Alabama, we caught some fireworks and spent the 4th of July out on the lake with plenty of wake surfing.  Being able to boat with my family on a regular basis has been such a highlight of my summer.  Boating has been a lifelong hobby of mine and I am so glad to be able to do it so often again!


One of my high school friends and his wife moved to Dallas!  We celebrated with dinner and lots of catching up.


And lastly, I would be remiss if I did not mention in this post the devastating shooting that took place in Dallas last week.  As Dallasites of 1.5+ years now, it has really been heartbreaking to see the pain this has caused our city.  But I am also encouraged by photos, videos and news coverage around town showing the helpers rising up and bringing the city back together.  Please keep Dallas and the loved ones of the Dallas police officers whose lives were lost in your prayers.


I hope you are having a great summer!

No comments :

Post a Comment