Monday, May 2, 2016

Steve's Bar Celebration

We got some big news last Friday - Steve passed the Texas Bar Exam!  After months of studying, sitting for the exam and waiting for the results, we were finally able to bring this chapter of life to a close and celebrate!  And celebrate we did.


We began with a fancy celebration dinner at one of Dallas' most renowned steakhouses, Nick & Sam's.  I had heard great things about the place since we moved here, but it's a bit pricey so it's not in our usual restaurant rotation.  I was saving a visit for a special day.  And this was it!  I made the reservation a week in advance (trusting that Steve would be on the pass list!) and invited my parents to join us in celebrating, which worked out perfectly.  We had a great time and ate some d-elicious steaks.  I'm glad our first trip to Nick & Sam's was for such a special occasion, since it's a memory we will never forget.


On Saturday, we dropped Lyla off at my folks' house and headed out to Arlington (a suburb of DFW) for the weekend.  Our first stop: Six Flags Over Texas!  We splurged on fast passes (like we did here) and were so glad that we did.  We waited a maximum of 15 minutes for roller coasters, so we got to ride as many as we wanted!


I was scared on the first couple of rides (see this post), but got braver as the day went on.  By the end of the afternoon, we were riding in the front row on the Batman and Freeze rides!  


The one ride I refused to do: this guy.  Despite watching the swings go up and down all day long, I still have serious doubts that this one is safe ;) so we just watched the crazy people ride it!


We spent the night in Arlington and had a relaxing morning on Sunday before heading over to Globe Life Park to watch the Texas Rangers!  We got some great seats (thanks to a discount through our local lawyers association) down the third base line.  The weather was perfect - sunny skies and 75 degrees.  I love Texas in the springtime!


We made it back to our house Sunday evening, exhausted but oh so happy.  I

 am more proud of Steve than I can even begin to say.  We felt all of the love and support pouring out from family and friends as we waited for the results and then shared the happy news.  It was an emotional couple of days, but in the very best way.  I am so glad to close this chapter of the bar exam and to see what the next chapter has in store for Steve (and me).

No comments:

Post a Comment