Saturday, April 23, 2016

Spring Happenings

It's been a while since my last post - this spring has been a busy one!  So let's get caught up on the latest happenings, shall we?  Here's what I've been up to since we last chatted:

- A belated birthday trip to Houston, including a delicious brunch with my sister and the epic Houston Rodeo with my college roommate.


- The first hike of the season with my little hiking buddies.


- Belated birthday dinners / girls' nights with this girl - cheers to another decade of friendship!


- A beautiful drive to see the famous Texas bluebonnets with my in-laws while they were in town.


- Easter celebration with my family at our church.


- The most amazing trip to San Diego with my mom and sister to celebrate my sister's birthday (another post on this to come soon!).


- A trip to the Dallas Arboretum for the beautiful Dallas Blooms exhibit with my mom and sister.

 
- Celebration of my sister's actual birthday with the family.


- A mini high school reunion when my friend Dan came to town, including Dallas' famous St. Patrick's Day Parade and entertainment from our friend's most adorable little one.


- A ladies' night out to dinner with my mom and Gannie at the cutest french restaurant.


- And now I'm writing to you from beautiful New Mexico, where I am spending a long weekend with my Grandma.  My Grandad left us to be with the Lord just a few weeks ago.  I'm grateful that he's no longer in pain (he had heroically battled Parkinson's for years and was also undergoing treatment for melanoma) but he is so missed.  So I am very glad to get this time to spend with Grandma to love on her, to make myself helpful and to remember Grandad with her.


I hope your spring is going well so far!

No comments :

Post a Comment