Monday, September 29, 2014

dear monday

Dear Leah & Stephen, your wedding was the perfect opportunity to spend time with my extended family.  I love it when we can all get together and even though the weekend was short, I loved every minute of it. An added bonus was that you got married in my hometown!  We really enjoyed seeing old friends and driving by our old house in between wedding festivities. 


Dear Mom & Dad, hosting you at our home this weekend was such a joy.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed having you stay with us.  Miss you already, and I'm counting down the days until Thanksgiving.

Dear Boulder Creek, we were in a minor state of panic when we learned at the wedding that there were no plans for after the reception.  Since the reception was hors d'oeuvres only, we knew that all 20+ of family members would need someplace to gather after it was over.  You came to the rescue and gave us a lovely back room where we could all fit for dinner and celebrate the evening together! 

Dear Steve, happy birthday my love.  As you have learned, birthdays are a big deal in my family.  Yours started on Saturday with surprise birthday sundae during the Halsey family dinner.  We spent yesterday with my parents at church, sipping on Starbucks, opening presents, watching a Colts win and celebrating you over dinner at Iozzo's, one of our favorite restaurants in town.  I hope you felt dearly and wholly loved on your birthday, because that is what you are.  So dearly loved.

{Following this sweet series by Elle & Co, every Monday I write four letters - one to my husband and and three random letters to whatever else I is on my heart each week - in an effort to practice thankfulness on a more routine basis.  Feel free to join me!}

1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad you had fun at the wedding! And happy birthday to Steve! :-)

    ReplyDelete