Monday, September 22, 2014

dear monday


Dear September, you have turned out to be quite lovely so far.  This 70 degree weather and plenty of sunshine has been pretty close to perfect.  I know I've been a little MIA in the blog world as of late (sorry, friends!), but I'm trying to make the most of them this month and get as much time as I can outside in the sun!


Dear aloe vera, you and I have become fast friends this week.  After burning myself on an oven while serving a meal with our small group on Thursday, my forearm has been soaked in aloe and covered in gauze 24/7.  Here's to hoping it doesn't scar.  That's what I get for trying to rush and being clumsy! 

Dear masters swimming, attending my first practice last week was like returning to an old friend.  The smell of chlorine, the structured practice, the team atmosphere... I've missed it all.  Although getting up at 4:50 every morning has been a little tricky, I like to think that I'm getting used to it, and it's definitely been worth it so far! 

Dear Steve, this week is officially your birthday week.  I can't believe you're turning 29 - only one year until the big 3-0!  While we will be busy this week with my cousin's wedding, I'm looking forward to setting aside some time with my parents to celebrate you!  Happy birthday, love.

{Following this sweet series by Elle & Co, every Monday I write four letters - one to my husband and and three random letters to whatever else I is on my heart each week - in an effort to practice thankfulness on a more routine basis.  Feel free to join me!}

1 comment :

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry you got a burn! That really, really sucks! I hope it heals up soon!

    ReplyDelete