Tuesday, September 16, 2014

currently: september

"This strangely still pause between summer and autumn, greenery and gold, and the heat and rising wind that is once again readying itself to rush it all away in a climactic symphony of color and scent is - in my opinion - one of the best parts about living on earth."
- Victoria Erickson

Happy belated birthday to my dad!


Reading: Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut - revisiting an old favorite.
Making: plans for my parents to visit later this month, and to celebrate Steve's birthday. 
Cooking: still tons of spaghetti squash, and will be making this for my mom when she's here!
Drinking: Shakeology smoothies made by the hubby every morning for breakfast.  Delicious.
Deciding: that living down the street from one of your dearest friends is really the best thing ever.
Wanting: Jamaal Charles to stop ruining my fantasy football hopes and dreams.
Playing: the album Yearbook by Sleeping At Last.
WatchingCaptain America - The Winter Soldier, which the hubs and I both loved. 
Exercising: I went to my first Masters swim practice this morning.  It was so much fun!!
Learning: how to use My Fitness Pal - a great way to keep caloric intake in check.  (If you use or want to start using MFP with me, let me know and we can hold each other accountable!)
Pinning: things that inspire me.
Wishing: for a win for the Colts.  We can't start the season 0-3... we just can't.
Wearing: these pants from Old Navy - the most comfy work pants ever.  Thanks Abby for the tip!
Missing: my sister.  But I'm headed to Montana to see her next month!
Reflecting: "easy does it."
Feeling: tired from morning practice, but otherwise pretty empowered lately.
Loving: that I get to see my dad's side of the family at my cousin's wedding later this month!
Praying: prayers of thankfulness - it was a year ago this week that my dad suffered a terrible accident and was close to being taken from us.  Thankfully, the Lord spared his life and he has recovered so wonderfully well over this past year.  For that, dear Jesus, I am so grateful. 

2 comments:

  1. i just tried spaghetti squash over labor day & i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good, isn't it? I have only tried it with Italian-style meals so far, but I've seen recipes for Mexican dishes using it too!

    ReplyDelete