Friday, August 8, 2014

hey there, high school

I flew down to Texas for the weekend to attend my ten-year high school reunion and had a blast.  After arriving in Houston and spending a great day with my mom, my college roommate and I headed off to our favorite restaurant, Chuy's, for the best tex-mex in Texas.  I filled up with tons of chips and queso and a swirl margarita - yummm.


My college roommate also had her ten-year high school reunion this past weekend, so I spontaneously decided to be her date to Part 1 of her reunion.  Her high school class and mine were both really big, so I was glad to go along as someone she knew from the start.  I am an extrovert, so if I'm in the mood it's actually a lot of fun for me to meet new people and we did plenty of that! 


The next morning, I met two of my dearest high school girl friends for lunch at another Houston staple - the Hobbit Café.  I've written about this cute little place before - it never fails to disappoint. 


After spending the afternoon out in the suburbs (where I'm from), we got dressed up and headed back into town for the reunion!


I was actually pretty nervous walking into the venue.  I think that, ultimately, I was afraid deep-down that I wouldn't be memorable.  That people wouldn't remember me.  Which ended up being so silly, in the end.  I had an absolutely wonderful time.

{representing for the varsity swimmers!}
{AP nerds unite}

Please excuse the quality of some of these pictures - I was too busy catching up with folks to worry about good lighting and picture clarity.  Most of the time, I simply forgot to take pictures at all.  But honestly, I think at a reunion, that's the way it should be.

{fine arts folks}
 
 {show choir reunion}
 
{sweet girls I hadn't seen in ages}
{saying goodbye to my friend and dance partner Ben, who moved to California the next day}

And of course, what would a reunion be without a fun photobooth?


I am so glad that I decided to make the trip down for my class reunion.  It exceeded all expectations and connecting with so many old friends was such a joy for me.  I think I am still on the reunion high a little bit. 

If you are considering ever attending your next high school reunion, or even think to yourself, I wouldn't be caught dead at my reunion, just consider this post as my encouragement to at least give it a second thought.  You could end up having the best night ever.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like the perfect reunion weekend! It's awesome that you got to see your college roommate, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, it's definitely a huge perk that my high school friends and college roommate live in the same city so when I visit I get to see everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Yes...Chuy's is my favorite too :) I haven't been in a while but need to! Loved your dress you wore to your reunion. Looks like it was a lot of fun! Mine was small bc I went to a small school but we still had a blast!

    ReplyDelete