Monday, July 28, 2014

dear monday

{Following this sweet series by Elle & Co, every Monday I write four letters - two to my husband and and two random letters to whatever else I is on my heart each week - in an effort to practice thankfulness on a more routine basis.  Feel free to join me!}


Dear Steve, when I woke up with that migraine on Saturday morning I felt terrible.  You went out of your way to cook food for me, to make sure I was comfortable on the couch and to embrace a relaxing "date night in" with a classic movie marathon since I wasn't up for much else.  Thanks for going with the flow and loving on me while I was down in the dumps.


Dear Texas, I get to see you this weekend for my high school class reunion and I couldn't be more excited about it.  Now if only Friday could get here quicker!

Dear Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I forgot just how much I loved you as a child.  You were the perfect end to our movie marathon on Saturday, and both Steve and I found ourselves singing along throughout the movie.  Truly Scrumptious, you're truly, truly scrumptious...

Dear Steve, worshipping the Lord with you yesterday through song was a very special time for me.  I felt the urge to sing and play during my evening quiet time, and was so touched when you came downstairs and brought out your cello to accompany me.  Making beautiful music together is something that I have missed from our dating days, and I loved how we used our music to praise God together.  It was the perfect way to wrap up our weekend.

{Read more Dear Monday letters here!}

6 comments:

  1. so sweet that you guys worship by playing together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Now I just need to go watch it again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should, it's such a great classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We haven't done it in a while but I've missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww your husband sounds amazing. So sweet that he helped you so much when you had a migraine. Yay Texas! Have fun at your reunion Amy!!! Mine was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is pretty great ;) I'm glad to hear your reunion was fun - I'm really looking forward to it but also a little nervous at the same time. It will be strange seeing some folks I haven't seen in 10 years! Thanks for swinging by, glad to have found you in the blogworld!!

    ReplyDelete