Monday, July 21, 2014

dear monday

{The idea for this post came from this sweet series by Elle & Co.  Every Monday, she writes four letters - two to her husband and two random letters to whatever else is on her heart each week.  I am following suit in an effort to practice thankfulness on a more routine basis.  Feel free to join me!}


Dear Steve, our bike ride and swimming adventure yesterday was so much fun.  It just felt so summery to me.  I'm grateful that we both enjoy being active and that you're always willing to humor me when I need my Vitamin D. 

Dear Jess and Larissa, I loved our girls' dinner this weekend.  I realized today that you both are two of my oldest friends here in Indy.  We've been through a lot together, and now live busy lives, but I'm so glad that we still make sure to find time to get together.  I may be married now, but still there's nothing that beats girl talk

Dear Small Group, y'all are the best.  I love how we could easily spend hours at the dinner table laughing at GIFs.  I love how I can pour out my sinner's heart without fear of judgment, and how the Holy Spirit uses us to speak to each other.  I love how you are prayer warriors for me. 

Dear Steve, getting up at 5:30am this morning was brutal.  But it would have been much worse if I had to do it on my own.  Thank you for helping me take that first step to transitioning back to morning workouts.  I've missed them.  And I'm glad we can motivate each other to take better care of ourselves.

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like you had a super great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete