Friday, July 18, 2014

currently: july

"The dandelions and buttercups gild all the lawn, the drowsy bee stumbles among the clover tops, and summer sweetens all to me."
- James Russell Lowell


ReadingThe Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Phillipp Sendker.  Such a sweet, sweet story.
Making: plans for my 10-year high school class reunion weekend next month.  Can't wait!
Cooking: breakfast for dinner.  Yum.
Drinking: too much caffeine.  I had two Diet Mt. Dews today and am way too chatty.  Oops.
Deciding: that my small group is the best there is.
Wanting: to spend all day, every day, outside.
Playing: this album by The Brilliance.  I particularly love the instrumental versions of each song.
Watching: Parks and Rec, Season 2.  I multitask and do abs while I watch - the perfect combo. 
Exercising: back to (cautiously) running and adding some strength training! 
Learning: more about God's heart through this She Reads Truth study on the Sermon on the Mount.
Pinning: grilling recipes.  Gotta take advantage of this summer grilling weather.
Wishing: that our friends Chris and Emily lived closer to us.  We had such a fun 4th of July w/ them!
Wearing: golf attire, more likely than not.  :)
Needing: to check the words I speak more closely - that they may be uplifting.
Reflecting: "...not that there are any sins little, for there is no little God to sin against..."
Feeling: impatient to see my friend Jess' new house tonight and celebrate with a bottle of wine.
Praying: for the families of those lost in the Malaysian plane shot down over Ukraine yesterday.
Loving: the fact that I get to see my mom twice in one month next month. 

{beautiful Lake Erie on July 4th}

4 comments :

  1. 'Heartbeats' = Love. So happy you liked it - and I agree, it's such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up for the daily She Reads Truth devotionals/got the app. I don't know how I was so late for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Thanks again for the excellent recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The app just came out, so you got on board just in time! I love the app. I used to download the plans through my Youversion Bible app, but the new app is so much easier to use! I think you will really enjoy SRT. I've been following along off and on for a year or so now. They have done some really great studies. We just finished the Sermon on the Mount series - it was excellent.

    ReplyDelete