Wednesday, June 11, 2014

little sis, md

Two weekends ago, Steve and I made the big trek down to Houston to watch my little sister graduate from medical school!  Woo hoo!



She devoted the last four years to working her tail off in medical school, and it was so special to see all of that hard work pay off at her commencement.  I am a very proud big sister so I took way too many pictures - after all, your little sis only graduates medical school once, right?

Very proud parents :)
Mom and Gannie - aren't they gorgeous?
 The ceremony was extra-special for our family because my mom's cousin is a professor at the med school and sang the national anthem to start things off.  She has an incredible voice...
 and she was able to score some VIP tickets for us in the front!
After the ceremony - congratulations Shelby!
Shelby's best friend Kate traveled all the way down after a half day of work to celebrate with us.  She's basically an honorary Halsey, and I know it meant so much to my sister to have her there.  Not to mention the rest of us Halseys love her too!  (Hi Kate!!)
 After the commencement ceremony, it was off to Fogo De Chao for a celebratory dinner!
It was a wonderful weekend full of happy tears, laughter, and lots and lots of joy.  My sister looked absolutely radiant and I couldn't be prouder of her and all that she has accomplished.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for her as she begins her residency!

2 comments :

  1. Yay!!! Congratulations to your sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - Hi Amy!!! :) SO happy I got to come spend the day with my favorite Halsey family...so much love for all of you!

    ReplyDelete