Sunday, May 11, 2014

happy mother's day

Happy Mother's Day to the best mom I could ask for!  My mom and I have not always seen eye to eye (read: I was a pretty terrible teenager) but as I have grown up, we have only grown closer.  I am so thankful to have her in my life and grateful to be her daughter.  So in my mom's honor, I've made a list of twenty things (big and small) that I've learned from my mom over the years.


1.  God is good, all the time.  And He answers prayers.

2.  Always keep a box of brownie mix on hand in case of an emergency.  Or chocolate craving.

3.  Make your bed each morning to start your day off with a fresh start.

4.  You can do anything you set your mind to, if you just try.

5.  Wear what makes you feel beautiful.

6.  Confidence in a woman is not intimidating - it is sexy! 

7.  When you meet "The One," you just know.  I didn't believe this one for a long time - but then it happened to me!  Once again, Mom was right... :)

8.  Don't hide your talents and uniqueness just to "fit in."  It's not worth it.

9.  Family comes first.

10. Chocolate chips are the perfect post-workout fuel.

11. Make time to play in your marriage, and don't forget how to have fun together.

12. No dream is too big. 

13. A handwritten "thank you" note is a little thing that means a lot.

14. A clean, organized home is a family's safe haven.

15. Working out is a wonderful stress reliever.

16. The importance of balancing your checkbook.

17. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and trust that God will catch you.

18. Surround yourself with people who lift you up.

19. If you don't know the words to a song, just make them up.  What matters is that you're singing at all :)

20. What love looks like.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Agree with all the above! Happy mothers' day to your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right with you on # 1 and 3....the bed making one is so true! My husband is on the learning curve with that one:) Hope you had a great day with your Mom!

    ReplyDelete