Friday, May 23, 2014

friday five

Happy (early) Memorial Day!  I am so looking forward to this upcoming three-day weekend.  After that, I have only three days of work and then we're off to Texas for my sister's medical school graduation - and then vacation!  It's going to be a great next couple of weeks. 

I'm linking up here and here with five silver lining moments on this glorious Friday morning!

1.  I shared a little bit more about me in a game of twenty questions this week here.  I bet you'll never guess what song I jam to in the shower...

2.  My marathon training has led to exploring new running paths in downtown Indy and it's been a lot of fun.  I'm dealing with a minor calf injury, so I'm taking a few days off, but hope to get back into the swing of things soon!

3.  Steve spent a guys' weekend in Boston with three of his best friends to celebrating his friend Drew's 30th birthday.  While he hung out with the Benson clan (including sweet baby Jane!), I got to spend quality time with several ladies whom I love back here at home.  It was great to have that girl time, but I was glad when Steve made it safely back home!

4.  The Indy 500 is this weekend.  Aka the best weekend to live in Indianapolis of the entire year.  We're going to the race and the weather forecast is sunny and 80 degrees.  Perfect.

5.  I met an old law school friend for happy hour this week and was thrilled to find that Shiner Bock was on their menu!  Shiner is the best Texan beer out there, and was one of the two beer selections that we had at our wedding.  I haven't had it since then, so it was a fun surprise!

I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend.  Oh, and go Pacers!  (#beattheheat)

No comments :

Post a Comment