Thursday, March 20, 2014

a very texan birthday

For my 28th birthday at the end of last month, I only had one birthday request - to spend a long weekend in the Texas sun with my family!  Steve and I flew down on Thursday evening (my actual bday) and celebrated all weekend with my mom, dad and sister.

I hadn't been able to celebrate my birthday with my family in many years, so it was extra-special to me to be able to be with them on the actual day.  Not to mention, spending a weekend in the beautiful weather was a great escape from this never-ending winter!


We officially celebrated my birthday on Friday.  The day started off with delicious Mexican food at lunch, of course.   Whenever Steve and I are in TX, we want as much Mexican food as we can get.  And any Mexican restaurant that has a full-size grizzly bear inside is bound to be awesome.


After lunch, I shocked the entire world by choosing to spend the afternoon at the driving range.  I'm not a big golfer, but the day was too perfect to spend it indoors.  And Top Golf isn't your typical driving range.  It's three stories tall, has a full restaurant inside, and lets you play various golf games with your group instead of just hitting a ball as hard as you can every time.  It was surprisingly really fun!


After Top Golf, we headed back to the house for more birthday celebrations.  My mom and sister made my favorite meal for dinner (lasagna - an old family recipe!).  It was amazing.


After dinner, we had a delicious strawberry birthday cake (again, my favorite!) and opened presents.  All in all, it was a wonderful birthday-day.


The weekend fun didn't stop there.  We spent the next couple of days touring Cabella's (which is huge!)...


...working on our shooting skills...


...eating more Mexican at a delicious outdoor restaurant in Fort Worth...


 ...touring the Fort Worth Stockyards...


 ...and attending the Fort Worth Rodeo!


It was a perfect birthday weekend.  While I can't say I'm thrilled about being a year closer to 30, I'm not missing 27 at all and am looking forward to seeing what 28 has in store for me.  And I could think of no better way to kick it off than spending the weekend in my favorite place with my favorite people.

No comments :

Post a Comment