Tuesday, January 14, 2014

the cuddle bun

Being a dog owner has many perks.  One of my favorite parts of being Lyla's owner/mom is that she absolutely loves to cuddle.  No matter the place or time of day, if you call her she will come running to snuggle up next to you and plant a few tons of wet kisses on you.  It's a dream come true for her when she can smoosh her body between Steve and me, thereby maximizing cuddle space and loving on both of us simultaneously.  She's hilarious. 

Here's her, "Mom, can you stop what you're doing and cuddle me please?" face.
One of Lyla's favorite times to cuddle is when Steve and I are working out in the morning.  I'll be in the middle of a round of squats and next thing I know, she is between my legs begging for me to pick her up.  Which, oftentimes I do.  Between Steve and me, I'm clearly the sucker. 
 
Steve snapped these pictures while testing out my new camera over Christmas.  I was trying to mess around with the new camera software, but Lyla was having none of it.  To her, it was clearly time to cuddle.  And so cuddle we did.
Notice how she's on her back legs - that's to get more of her body closer to me.  Just a little ridiculous, but she is a sweet little cuddlebun.
You can tell just how affectionate she is - it warms my heart.  It's amazing how much love can be crammed into such a little body. 
 
There's not a day that goes by when I'm not thankful for this little pup.    

No comments:

Post a Comment