Tuesday, January 7, 2014

snowed in

I began 2014 with plans to post a big "New Year" post... but then life got in the way.  Well, more particularly, the Arctic Chill got in the way.  I returned early from a trip to Chicago this weekend (for my sister's residency interview) and was promptly snowed in by a foot of snow and sub-zero temperatures.  Brrrrr.  The storm itself was pretty brutal, but when it finally let up we were left with a beautiful winter wonderland.
{can you spot the cardinal in this picture?}
Steve and I both had work cancelled yesterday and are working from home today.  I'll be honest - it's been kind of nice to start of the New Year with extra relaxation time at home.  But I'm sure cabin fever will set in soon, and I'm ready to get back out into the world!  So is Lyla.
I've been enjoying my new camera while we have been stranded.  Don't be fooled though... it may look really tranquil and pretty out there, but it's -15 degrees with a brutal wind chill!  I'm content to sit inside with a cup of hot chocolate and take pictures, thank you very much.
Hope you are all staying safe and warm in this winter weather!

No comments :

Post a Comment