Tuesday, December 3, 2013

december-ing

...and just like that, it's December!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  Mine was lovely - a nice long weekend in Texas with my family.  Couldn't have been better.  I'll do a recap post soon, but until then, here's what I'm currently up to as we usher in the most wonderful time of the year!
reading: "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.  My mom loaned it to me over the weekend and I haven't been able to put it down. 
making:  good use of our new living room furniture.  You can read more about that here.
cooking: turkey!  I helped my mom prepare the turkey for Thanksgiving dinner - it was my first time roasting a large bird. 
drinking: peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks.  Yum.  I also tried a peppermint mocha over the weekend and for a girl who doesn't like coffee, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
wanting: a new camera.  It's on my Christmas list :)
watching: 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family.  I am a huge fan of the old claymation movies, especially Rudolph.
eating: unfortunately, not enough Thanksgiving leftovers.  That's the only downside of flying to home for Thanksgiving - we can't bring leftovers back.  But I got in my fair share while we were there!
enjoying: Christmas music.  All day, every day.
deciding: to spend more time reading and less time watching TV.
wishing: that grocery stores sold egg nog all year long. I love egg nog.
wondering: what to get everyone for Christmas.  I see a trip to the outlet mall in my near future...
learning: that thanksgiving isn't just a one-day-a-year thing.  It's every day, every year. 
hoping: that I will master this whole twitter thing eventually...
marveling: at how the Christmas lights twinkle and dance on our Christmas tree. 
smelling: peppermint everything.  Yum.
missing: my family.  Can't wait to see them again in just a few weeks though for Christmas.
wearing: dresses and leggings. By far my favorite outfit combination. It's so comfortable.
noticing: how important it is to choose words wisely.
knowing: that even though I am a "grown up," it's totally okay to be a kid about Christmas. 
thinking: about running another half marathon.  Maybe one in Dallas - an excuse to see my folks for the weekend?  We will see!
pinning: crockpot recipes.  Time to gear up for these cold winter months.
feeling: homesick (and Texas-sick). 
praying: for my sister as she travels all over the country for residency interviews.
looking forward to: seeing my family for Christmas!
loving: John Piper's advent devotionals.  They are a great way to remember the true reason for this beautiful season.

No comments :

Post a Comment