Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 in review

I think that 2013 for me can best be summed up with one word: restoration.  This past year was a big one for me - personally, relationally, career-wise, and spiritually.  It wasn't an easy year - but through it all, God was there.  He held my hand through it all and taught me to trust His plan for my life.  I also learned how to lean on Him in adversity and to believe that He makes everything beautiful in its time (Eccl. 3:11 esv).  

It was a big year of growth and restoration, and I know that God has even more in store for me in the upcoming year.  But before we turn to 2014, here are a few of the highlights from 2013:

 We celebrated NYE with good friends (and I wrote my very first blog post!).
We visited beautiful San Diego in February.
I celebrated my golden birthday.
I joined my friend Jess in Florida for a much-needed weekend getaway.
My friend Amanda got married, and I was reunited with these lovely ladies.
I gave camping a shot (and learned that glamping may be a better fit...).
My friend Jessie's wedding was one big Rice reunion.
I spent a wonderful ladies' weekend with my mom in Chicago.
My friend Michelle got married on the beach in Florida, and we vacationed in the Florida Keys.
We celebrated our one-year anniversary (which fell on Father's Day this year).

We gave gardening a try.
We rode in the Jeep for the Dune Acres 4th of July parade.
Steve and I learned how to married-date.
I learned how to golf... and that I actually like it!
I ate a delicious elephant ear at the Indiana State Fair.
We traveled to Pennsylvania for my friend Anna's wedding.
I helped my parents move into their new beautiful home.
Lyla experienced her first Westie Walk and loved it.
Steve's 5-year class reunion was a blast.
I picked pumpkins in my hometown with my sweet friend Larissa.
I fundraised and participated in the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimers in honor of Pops.
God showered love on us through the story of our new living room couches.
We celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family (and I hugged a giraffe!) in Texas.
We took in the city of Chicago from the top of the Willis Tower.
We had the perfect Christmas with my family.  And I got a new camera!  Look out 2014, better pictures are coming your way on this little blog of mine.

What a year.  Here's to 2014: continued restoration, growth, and God's promised beautification of everything in its time.

No comments:

Post a Comment