Tuesday, November 12, 2013

the thankful project day 12: an opportunity

{Linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy}
 
November 12th: An Opportunity.
My life has been filled with incredible opportunities for which I feel so blessed.  I really struggled with today's prompt, because it was so difficult to pick just one opportunity for which I am the most thankful.  And that's when I realized - today, I am just thankful for the opportunity to live

I'm thankful for the chance to soak up every little bit of this crazy thing we call life.

The liberty to love and be loved.  To forgive, and be forgiven.  To experience true joy, and laugh so hard that I begin to cry.  To learn and to teach.  To be hugged so tightly that I can hardly breathe.  To cry so hard that I'm reminded of both the power and delicacy of the heart.

The opportunity to see the world.
The occasion to suffer disappointment - and then learn from it. To challenge myself. To help others. To feel the adrenaline rush through my body during a really good swim.  To hang up the phone an hour later than planned after a much needed talk with an old friend.

The ability to commune with the Creator of the Universe (can I get an amen?). 

The chance to taste something that's absolutely delicious and savor that moment long after the meal is done. To get goosebumps when my husband plays with my hair. To sing. To dance. To celebrate big occasions - birthdays, engagements, weddings, babies. 

The moments to be with those I love.
Yes, today I'm just thankful for the opportunity of life. 
 
I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. - John 10:10b (esv)

No comments :

Post a Comment