Tuesday, November 26, 2013

the thankful project day 26: criticism you've received

{Linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy}

November 26th: Criticism You've Received.
No one likes to be criticized.  I, in particular, do not handle criticism very well - even if it is constructive.  I tend to either wilt inside and maybe even cry a little when the conversation is over, or get irrationally angry about what was said.  Neither response is a good one.  But after a little "cooling off" time, I find myself reflecting on well-deserved criticism and learning from it. 
 
Criticism can be a great tool for learning and improvement.  In my workplace, criticism helps me learn what to do differently next time.  In my marriage, constructive (emphasis on constructive!) criticism shows me how to better love my husband.  And in my prayer life, God sweetly corrects my sinful heart and helps me to grow.
 
So today, I'm thankful for all the ways in which criticism helps me to be better.  A better lawyer, a better wife, a better sister, a better daughter, a better friend, and a better reflection of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment