Monday, November 18, 2013

the thankful project day 18: a choice


{Linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy}

November 18th: A Choice.
We make hundreds of choices every day.  When to wake up in the morning, whether to go the gym, what to wear, whether the day calls for a chai tea latte (always!), what work to handle first, whether to grab lunch with friends, what to cook for dinner, how to best love on those around you... you get the drift.  Each day is filled with choices, and those choices that we make help shape each day, week, month and year of our lives. 
 
At the start of each day, one important choice gets made that, for me, ranks high above the others.  That is the choice of whether or not I am going to embrace the new day with Jesus.  It's a decision to either actively invite Him to join me in my everyday life, or to leave him at home on my bedside table with my bible and prayer journal.  The former leads to a more enriched life and relationship with Him, while the latter leaves me fending for myself in a pathetic attempt to prove my own self-competence (which happens way more often than I'd like to admit). 
 
Despite the fact that there is an obvious "right answer" in this choice, God still lets me decide how intimately I want to share my day with him.  I get to choose!  He desires nothing more than to spend each moment with me (and you!), walking through the ins and outs of my day, but in the end He leaves it up to me to decide how close I want Him to be in my life.
 
I am thankful that He gives me that choice each day.  But even more than that, I am thankful that when I do choose to invite Him into each day, the day is infinitely better than it would have been without Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment