Thursday, November 14, 2013

the thankful project day 14: a blessing

{Linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy}

November 14th: A Blessing
This is Lyla.  Not Layla, not Lilah - Lyla.  Aka the Pupster, the Baby, Lylabun, Lylabell, and quite the doll-baby.  She's my three and a half year old Westie, and such a blessing in my life.
When I was in law school, I found Lyla through a breeder in Ohio and drove six hours to pick her up at a random abandoned Sonic in small-town OH.  It was a little sketchy, I'll be honest, but the moment I saw her sprinting in circles in grass next to the parking lot, it was love at first sight. 
 When Steve and I started dating, she won his heart pretty much immediately and both of us are head over heels for her. 
 
She has some of the quirkiest habits, which make me laugh (like sleeping halfway out of her bed), but the best thing about her is her sweet personality.  She just loves life
She's a cheerful goober, but she also has a huge heart.  She wants nothing more than to be as close to you as possible, and she loves meeting new friends - canine and human.  She has boundless energy but loves to snuggle (especially under the covers of our bed, which doesn't happen often but when it does it's quite the treat!).
Since the day that I first brought her home, not a day goes by that she doesn't make me laugh or that I don't think, "I am so blessed by this little white fluffy dog." Just a minute with her in my lap is all I need to lift my spirits on a dreary day or to bring a smile to my face.
I like to tell Steve that besides marrying him, Lyla was the best decision I ever made.  It's amazing how much joy one little pup can bring to our lives.  So today, I'm thankful for this big blessing in the form of a little spunky Westie.


No comments:

Post a Comment