Wednesday, November 13, 2013

the thankful project day 13: an ability

{Linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy}
 
November 13th: An Ability
Today, I am thankful for the ability to write - especially on this little blog.  I first began this blog when I was going through some tough life stuff.  The blog originally began as a creative outlet for me, and a way to reflect on the little things (the silver linings, if you will) in my life.  Since then, it has become my journal of sorts - a collection of thoughts and moments, a space for me to express myself in that wonderful semi-anonymous way that only blogging allows. 
 
There is such freedom in blogging.  I have been at this for almost a year now, and have found that through each blog post, I learn a little more about myself.  It's a lot harder to find your "voice" in writing than you would think.  But I feel like I am able to be myself on this blog of mine, and it's been such a blessing.
 
I don't know what the future has in store for The Silver Lining - whether I will try to expand my readership, or share this blog with more than just a couple of friends in my day-to-day life.  But what I do know is this - that for now, I am simply grateful for the ability to write here, in this space.  And I'm thankful for those sweet bloggers whom I admire and whose posts encourage me, uplift me, challenge me and make me think, smile, and even cry. 
 
Thank you, my dear readers, for spending moments with me here in this space.  It has been a joy to (virtually) meet some of you, and I appreciate all of your sweet comments.  Thank you for sharing in this whole blogging experience with me.  Together, whether we write for many or few (or even just for ourselves), we bloggers make this world a sweeter place, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment