Friday, September 27, 2013

the smell of chlorine

It's Friday!  I'm at a conference for work all day today so I'm attempting to post from my phone for the first time. Please excuse any formatting errors!  Today I'm linking up with Lauren Elizabeth with my top five silver linings this week:

1.  I'm on Day 2 of this work conference, which means my work-Friday was actually Wednesday this week. The nerdy side of me is thrilled because today I get to learn all about recent updates to the law all day and then go home!  Woohoo!
2.  I swam 3,500 yards this morning. Without any back pain.  It was amazing.  I'm sure I'll post on this in more detail soon but long story short, I was a competitive swimmer for years and suffered a career-ending injury in college. I haven't been able to swim without pain for years but today I was pain-free!  I can't even begin to tell you how great it felt to be back in the water again. And I smell like chlorine now- I love it. 
(Image via google)

3.  My sister passed her second med school board exam - with flying colors!!  I am SO proud of her.  Next stop, residency interviews!  
4.  Steve's birthday is tomorrow so we are hosting a birthday fiesta complete with fajitas. We haven't hosted a large crowd in the new house yet so I'm looking forward to playing hostess. Happy birthday S!
5.  Tomorrow is also a big day for another reason- Lyla's first official Westie Walk. Apparently there are 144 other westies signed up and I think Steve and I are more excited for the event at this point than Lyla is. 

Have a great weekend friends!  


No comments :

Post a Comment