Tuesday, August 27, 2013

summer to fall

This past weekend, we soaked up the remnants of summer with some much-needed pool time at my in-laws' - cannonballs and all.  We took the dog on a long (and sweaty) walk.  We grilled out and ate a delicious meal on our new outdoor dining set.  I read a book in a swimsuit on our back patio with a cold glass of rasberry lemonade.  It was simply delightful.  I failed to take pictures this weekend, so in honor of National Dog Day (yesterday) here's a shot of my sweet pup soaking up the summer sun/heat.
These are a few of the little things about summer that I love, but that I haven't had much opportunity to do until recently due to so many busy travel weekends this year.  I can't even begin to tell you how it was so refreshing to just sit back and relax in the late-summer sun. 

While I'll be sad to see summer go, I am starting to look forward to the fun things of fall - including, of course, Colts football!  I went to the pre-season game against the Browns with my friend Jess on Saturday night and the boys in blue were looking pretty good.  Should be a good season! 

No comments :

Post a Comment