Friday, August 30, 2013

new and improved

Happy Labor Day Weekend!  I will be spending the long weekend down in Dallas, helping my parents move into their beautiful new home.  My parents moved to Dallas last fall for my dad's job, leaving behind their custom dream house in Houston.  They had poured lots of love into that house, and I loved visiting it every time I would come home.  I got ready for our wedding in that house, and Steve and I took our engagement pictures in the neighborhood - it was just a very picturesque place and my folks loved it. 
My parents searched for a similar home in Dallas, but to no avail.  After living in a home custom-made for them, they found that none of the already-built houses met their criteria.  Their old house was perfect for them.  So they decided to build it again - this time in Dallas, and with a few additional improvements!  (swimming pool, check.)

The house is finally complete and I can't wait to see the finished product.  I imagine it will feel a lot like walking into my folks' old home, only better.  And I am thrilled to get to play a role in unpacking everything and recreating the home that my parents loved so much in Houston. 
Also, seeing my family is a huge perk.  My little sister has the weekend off from medical school rotations and my grandma is flying in from Chicago, so we will have a full house!  Can't wait to see them all.
Oh, and this guy too.  (Hi, Herman.)
 Hope you have a great Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment