Friday, August 16, 2013

family, friends, flowers, fruit... and a med school exam

Whew, this has been a long work week.  I've battled a cold, drove up to Detroit on Wednesday, came back down Thursday, and have been ridiculously busy in the office all week.  I am ready for the weekend!  Linking up with Lauren today for five silver linings this week:
 
1. My little sister (the cutie on the right) is taking her STEP 2 medical school exam this Sunday, and a surgery rotation exam next week. Not exactly a silver lining... but the lining will be when it is all over and she can finally relax for a minute or two! My sister is such a hard worker and is going to make an incredible doctor. I am so proud of her.
2. I had such a great time seeing old swimmer friends at my friend Anna's wedding in PA last weekend.  We took a detour on our way to Anna's wedding to spend the night with my aunt and uncle in Pittsburgh - and I'm so glad that we did!  I can't wait to head back out to the 'Burgh to see them again this fall.

3.  "Thinking of you" flowers from Steve while I was feeling under the weather at work - he sure knows how to cheer me up.
4.  I love nectarines.  They are by far my favorite fruit.  And it's finally that time of summer when the grocery store seems to be stocked with perfectly ripe nectarines!  I'm in nectarine heaven over here.  Seriously - I'd eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could.  Yum.
via google
And lastly...
5.  I'm so thankful for this man.  He's not only handsome wedding date (to the bazillion weddings we've had this year), but also my biggest fan.  He tells me that I'm beautiful...and I know that he means it.  I'm one lucky girl.
I'm off to visit my grandmother in Chicago this weekend while Steve has a guys' weekend here in town.  They're going to a motocross race, while my grandma and I will probably spend the majority of our time shopping.  It's a win/win.  Have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment