Friday, July 19, 2013

the great heat wave of 2013

Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Lauren today for five silver linings this week:
 
1.  It's been 90+ degrees and humid outside every day this week.  Unlike the rest of the Midwest, I am loving it.  Reminds me of high school/college summers in Houston :)  Bring on the sun!
2.  Steve took me on a date last weekend to see The King and I at an outdoor movie theatre (I wrote about it here).
3.  Our vegetable garden has exploded this week.  I guess the veggies love 90+ degree heat and super sunny days as much as I do.
4.  Lyla's go-to "frog stance" just cracks me up.
5.  While I've switched lately to morning workouts, I got in a nice afternoon jog on Wednesday and had the Monon all to myself.  Probably because it was 100 degree heat index and everyone else was smart enough to stay indoors.  Oh well...Amy for the win!
We are heading down to Brown County this weekend for another camping adventure.  I've never camped in 90 degree weather, so we'll see how this turns out.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment