Monday, July 29, 2013

hercules, tchaikovsky & a scarf-wearing giraffe

This weekend was great.  We started off the weekend with a Hercules sleepover with our sweet nieces.  The girls had never seen the Disney movie (one of my favorites growing up), so we took it upon ourselves to introduce them to it. We ordered a pizza, played some Disney Scene-It (yes, I own Disney Scene-It), and settled in for the movie.  
We also managed to sneak in Disney's Atlantis before heading to bed.  The next morning, we had a mini-salon day and I curled the girls' hair with my new curling wand.  They loved it!  We also went through my jewelry collection and high heels collection.  I think it was as much fun for me as it was for the girls.  Growing up, I always loved playing in my mother's closet and trying on her shoes.  It is really fun to be on the other side of it all now - to be the lady with the fun stuff for little girls to play with.  It really made me smile.
Their hair turned out beautifully!  I have such gorgeous nieces :)
All in all, the sleepover was a great success.  We hope to do it again soon.  I was in dire need of a power nap on Saturday though - just like Lyla.  The poor little pup played to her hearts content with those girls, but was exhausted when they left!
Sidenote: yes, the giraffe in this picture is sporting a scarf.  He wears it year-round.  I got him in the $1 sale bin at Petsmart and he is one of Lyla's favorites, in rain, snow or shine.  He clearly was also exhausted from the sleepover. 
 
On Saturday evening, we hopped over to Conner Prairie for a double date to Symphony on the Prairie with our dear friends Sam and Megan.  We packed a picnic and caught up with each other until the concert started.  The weather was gorgeous and couldn't have made for a better night.  
Sam and Meg brought this delicious spread, while Steve treated us to another one of his delicious salads.  Healthy picnicking at its finest!
 
After dinner, we sat back to enjoy an evening of Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky.  The performance was terrific, the weather was perfect (even a little on the chilly side), and we had a great time. 



We are so blessed to have such good friends to spend the evening with.  Not only are they fun to double-date with, but Megan has been an incredible Christian sister to me through the course of our friendship - just as I know Sam has been a Christian brother to Steve.  So thankful for them.  

No comments :

Post a Comment