Tuesday, June 18, 2013

hope

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly."
-Pops
It was a year ago today that this incredible, kind, gentle, beloved man, affectionately known in our family as Pops, left us to be with the Lord.  While I am so happy for him and the blessed eternity that he is now spending with Jesus, words cannot even begin to express how much he is missed by those of us left behind. 

I am so thankful for God's promises - especially the promise that I will one day see Pops again in heaven.  While my heart aches here on earth, I know with certainty that God will reunite me with my grandfather and that in the end "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away" (Rev. 21:4 esv). 

Pops, I miss you every day.  But I place my hope in God's promise that I will see you again.  What an incredibly happy day that will be. 

Until then - "see ya later, alligator."

Love always,
Amy

No comments :

Post a Comment