Friday, May 10, 2013

high five for friday

1.  Spring has arrived in our backyard!  Such a great reminder of how God is making all things new.

2.  I finally got around to seeing Silver Linings Playbook and let me tell ya, it was fantastic.  Steve and I rented it for a date night over the weekend and were both blown away.  If you haven't seen it, you should. 
I have to admit I pretty much knew I was going to like the film even before I saw it, since its title is so similar to that of this blog, but still - it's excellent.  Oh, and Jennifer Lawrence is superb. 

3.  My love of running has returned along with the return of warmer (and sunnier) weather.  I think it's mainly that I can't resist the chance to get outside and soak up some Vitamin D.  Here's my view from an after-work run this week.

4.  Steve surprised me with Ritters on an impromptu date night.  I love all kinds of ice cream, but Ritters has been a life-long favorite.  (And for the record, it's frozen custard - not ice cream!)

5.  I'm heading up to northwest Indiana this weekend to visit my grandma, Gannie, for Mother's Day while Steve is out of town on a fishing trip with his brothers and dad.  I'm really looking forward to a ladies' weekend and hope to make it down to the beach (where Steve and I got engaged) once or twice while I'm there. 
 

 
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment