Wednesday, April 17, 2013

though she be but little, she is fierce

Never were the words of William Shakespeare so true as when describing my little sister, who turns twenty-four today!  Since we were in Houston last weekend, we got to celebrate an early bday with her.  I'm so thankful for that - sometimes being away from my sister is the hardest part about living in Indiana. 
 
 

 It's hard to believe that she is almost halfway through her twenties!  (Which makes me a lot older too, haha).  I still remember the day she came into the world, and how I just couldn't wait to have a little sister.  I knew that I was going to have a baby sister (even though my parents didn't know whether it was a boy or girl until she had arrived - oops!) and her name was going to be Shelby.  And that was that.  Luckily, she was a girl, and we were best friends from that moment on. 

Isn't she such a beauty?

 
We have been through so much together - multiple family moves, schools, jobs, you name it and we've shared it - and I am so thankful that we are not just sisters, but also friends.  Best sister friends.  It doesn't get much better than that.
 
 

I am so proud of my little sister and love her dearly.  Happy birthday, Shelby!  Can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year - I'm sure whatever it is will blow us all away.  Sending lots of love your way.  xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment