Friday, April 19, 2013

high five for friday

I'm linking up with Lauren this week.  Happy Friday!

1.  Steve and I traveled down to Houston last weekend to celebrate an old friend's wedding.  It was great being back in my old stomping grounds - including my alma mater, Rice U - and seeing some of my oldest and dearest friends.  It was such a wonderful trip and I really did not want to leave.  Good thing we are headed back next month for another wedding :)

 2.  The best Houstonian breakfast out there.... 
...and the best tex-mex too.  All in one weekend.  I am one happy girl.
 
3.  Reunion of old friends at Amanda's wedding.  So, so good to see my girls!
 
4.  One of my New Year's Resolutions was to read the Bible in its entirety within a year.  I'm doing the ESV Study Bible plan on my iPhone (usually listening to and from work) and hit my 100th day last week!  It's been incredible and so encouraging to see how spending time in actual scripture (as opposed to just a devotional book or journal) each day has brought me closer to the Lord.  I must say, though, some of this Leviticus stuff is hard to swallow!  :)
  
5. When I arrived home from Houston, the prettiest bunch of daffodils was waiting for me from my in-laws' garden. Welcome, Springtime - I've been waiting out a loooong winter for you.
 
Steve and I have big plans for yard work this weekend - some flower planting, fertilizing, grass-care (?) and possibly also painting our front door.  He is really excited about it.  I am a wimp and have never really done yardwork before in my life, so I am terrified.  Wish me luck!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment