Monday, April 1, 2013

happy easter!

This weekend was full of friends, family, and celebration of Jesus' victory over death on Easter Sunday! 

On Friday, Steve and I soaked up some March Madness at the Louisville/Oregon game.  While Oregon ended up losing, we were both very much amused by its Duck mascot.  Seriously, the most entertaining mascot in college sports by far.  That guy should win an award or something.

On Saturday morning, Steve surprised me with an Easter weekend pancakefest.  I don't think I have told you yet about my love of pancakes... let's just say I'm obsessed.  My husband clearly knows the way to my heart.  It was so refreshing to eat breakfast together (we never get to do that) and to soak in some of the early spring sunshine.
In Steve's family, the Saturday before Easter is an all-day preparation.  My nieces dyed easter eggs, including this sweet one for me. 
Steve got into the fun too... and ended up taking over most of the dyeing cups.  He was in his element.

Another Easter tradition is the "bunny cake."  So cute!
Saturday night was a double date with dear friends of ours.  We grabbed dinner at bdubb's and then spent the evening bowling.  Now let's get one thing straight - I am a terrible bowler.  But add some black lights, disco balls along the bowling lanes and cozy couches, and I'll bowl for hours.  Add a dance floor complete with dance-offs (yes, real dance-offs in the middle of a bowling alley, I kid you not) - I'll never leave.  And no, we did not compete in the dance-offs... just got a lot of enjoyment watching them!   


Steve is an expert bowler.  He owns not one, but two of his own bowling balls, along with special customized shoes.  I think it's cute.  Check out that perfect form!  He put us all to shame (especially me).

And then it was Easter Sunday!  After a great service at our church on waiting and witnessing the resurrection, we headed over to Steve's folks with this little birthday pup.  I can't believe she is three years old already!  She was born on Easter and, instead of keeping track of the date, I've deemed her to be an Easter bunny baby every year.  It's just easier to remember that way :)
After a delicious Easter dinner, our nieces combed the yard for easter eggs in their sweet little Easter dresses.  Aren't they the cutest?

After a long but fun and family-filled day, we swung by the grocery store and picked up this cheerful hydrangeas.  I've found them a nice place in the sun at home and they make me smile every time I walk by. 

I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment