Friday, April 26, 2013

glamping & other adventures

High five for Friday!  I'm linking up with Lauren today. 

1.  Steve and I are going camping this weekend at McCormick's Creek.  I have only camped once in my life.  On my last camping excursion, we ate chips for dinner since our hot dogs expired without anyone noticing and it rained the whole time.  And even then, we still managed to have fun.  But there's really no way to go but up on this trip!  Personally, I am a fan of the whole glamping (glamorous camping) idea...I mean, what girl wouldn't want to hang out in a tent like this one?  Yes yes, I know, good luck to me trying to talk Steve into it :)  Maybe someday!

-source-
2.  Yes, I am that grownup who purchased the kiddy animal crackers and ate them blissfully as I waltzed down the grocery store aisles.  It was awesome.  Animal crackers make grocery shopping so much more enjoyable, especially if you are a kid at heart like me.
 
3.  I finally got around to hanging pictures on the walls in our home.  This bad boy has been hanging in our living room with empty frames for, oh I don't know, approximately eight months.  Oops.  But it's finally full with an assortment of engagement pictures and makes me so happy every time I walk by.
 
4.  Lyla and I have been loving long walks in the spring evenings together. 
 
5.  I am not a good cook, but lately I have been trying to make more meals at home.  It's a combined effort to save money and to eat healthier.  Steve has loved it and somehow I haven't managed to mess anything up too badly yet.  This was an easy recipe for skinny chicken tacos (you can find the recipe here).  They turned out surprisingly delicious - yum!
 
Happy (almost) weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment