Wednesday, March 27, 2013

trading snowstorms for sunshine

When my friend Jess invited me back in January to join her and her parents in Florida for a long weekend in March, I responded with a resounding "Yes!"  Jess is a dear friend of mine.  We first met the summer after 1L year when we interned at the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic together.  We became fast friends and I was so glad to have her stand with me as a bridesmaid when Steve and I were wed in June.
 
And Jess' family is awesome.  Not to mention she has the sweetest dog known to mankind, Allie. 
So Jess + parents + puppy + beach = yes please. 

Just getting away from Indy for a weekend was good enough for me - a time to clear my head and relax and hang out with my dear friend who I never see often enough. 
 

So you can imagine my surprise when I found out that we were staying in a mansion that is directly on the beach with a private patio and I got my own bathroom w/ a rain shower (I am a big fan of rain showers).  I felt like a celebrity, haha. 
 

 
 
Jess' parents were very gracious hosts and her mom got to spend 6 weeks in this gorgeous setting.  We have dubbed her an official "lady of leisure."  And after being in FL for only 4 short days, I could maybe see myself being a lady of leisure someday too ;)  Here's Jess' and Allie's best lady-of-leisure impressions.

Sadly, I didn't get many pictures of anything but the beach... but I can't really blame myself, since the view was so gorgeous.  We spent the majority of our days just reading in the sunshine.  Luckily Jess is just as much of a bookworm as I (we both confess to reading books at the lunch table in middle school - yes I know, ultimate nerd move).  I got through this one, and this one, and even this one.  All in all, one successful reading weekend. 

 
 
Not going to lie, it was very hard to leave.  Especially when I found out my flight was cancelled since Indy was getting 7 inches of snow that night.  Yes, that's right, 7.  Sigh. 
 
On the bright side, I think I may have brought a little sunshine back with me - the snow is (almost) melted and I think spring is finally around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment