Friday, March 15, 2013

springing forward

TGIF!  Wahoo, I am quite glad that this week is coming to an end.  Winter is still lingering here in Indy (convincing me that Punxsutawney Phil's Groundhog Day prediction is a complete hoax).  I am so ready for spring! 

Five silver linings this week:

1.  Daylight Savings Time.  I know, I know.  Most people hate DST.  I mean, to be honest, "springing forward" every year is absolutely miserable.  And driving to work in the dark stinks.  But to me, it's totally worth it for the sunlit evenings!  I have noticed that I am a lot less tired when I get off of work, even if i don't get home until 7:30.  I give all the credit to good ole' DST.  And running outside for my mini training can finalllllly commence!  Yippee!

2.  Speaking of running outside, how could you not enjoy running through downtown Indy with blue skies and this gorgeous view, despite the cold?

3.  Big 10 Tournament.  And no, I am not really a huge basketball fan.  But my husband is, and he is currently in Chicago with his brothers and dad for the tournament.  Leaving me with the house all to myself.  It's actually quite nice for a day or two! 

I can watch all the episodes of this fabulous/terrible show that I want without him making fun of my bad taste in TV :)
Hi my name is Amy and I'll admit it... I love Cougar Town.

4.  Skyping with my sister.  Or letting Lyla skype with my sister.  Either way, I miss her dearly (she's in TX, I'm in IN) and it's so fun to see her beautiful face :)
...or this:

either way, skype with the sis is always entertaining.

5.  Pops' Birthday.  I think one of the best ways to remember those who have passed is to reflect on some of the best memories you shared with them.  So I'll leave you with this one.  Have a lovely weekend :)


1 comment:

  1. Agree....downtown Indy is a gorgeous place! Can't wait till summer when you can really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete