Thursday, February 7, 2013

san diego snapshots

Well, it's official - I am in love with San Diego.  What a beautiful city!  And the weather was lovely.  Considering the fact that my only other experience with San Diego consisted of an outdoor swim meet in the rain and 40 degrees (pretty much the worst swim meet of all time), I went into the trip expecting the worst weather-wise and was pleasantly surprised when I only wore a jacket one evening.  And even though I was busy with work meetings and Steve caught a cold, we still managed to enjoy ourselves and see a few sights.  Here's some snapshots from my iPhone:

 

Finally got to see this guy!
Lunch on the bay
Bike ride along the harbor
Favorite thing?  Probably my early morning run along the boardwalk.  Nothing beats watching the sun rise over the ocean while sporting a tank top and shorts in February. 


 
Oldest sailing ship in the US
 
USS Midway

Least favorite thing?  Coming home.  No, seriously.  I would be lying if I said that I didn't get home yesterday and promptly burst into tears.  I blame the red-eye flight back, lack of sleep and general coldness of February in Indiana.  Needless to say, I am ready for springtime.  Perk to being home?  Seeing this little cuddlebun, who was exhausted from her own puppy vacation :)

No comments :

Post a Comment