Friday, February 22, 2013

live jazz, long chats and a little bit of sunshine

It's a dreary morning in Indy.  But that's ok, because it's Friday!  It's been a long week, and I am really ready for a relaxing weekend.  Here are my five silver linings this week:

1.  I traveled down to North Carolina for work yesterday.  It was a lovely break from the cold midwest winter - the sun didn't stop shining!  Although I love the midwest, it was a very nice change in scenery and gave me hope that one day, spring will return to Indianapolis.  One day.  Haha :)

2. Long-overdue extended phone chats with oldest and dearest friends. While in NC, I had to drive from Charlotte to Greensboro - it's a solid 1.5 hr drive. And yes, I spent almost the entire time catching up with one of my bridesmaids. I love those phone calls - the ones where you just say, "Ok, what has happened in your life in the past several months, ready go!" and just soak it all up as your friend proceeds to fill you in on her life. It's therapeutic, really. 
The last time I saw Erin - 8 months ago at our wedding!

3.  While I was in NC, I had a few hours to kill before my flight so I stopped by the Billy Graham Library.  It was so neat to see the BG headquarters and to just walk around the campus.  It truly is beautiful!  My iphone doesn't do it justice:

The house is the original Graham homestead, and the barn-looking thing is the library itself. 
 
4.  My birthday is in 5 days!  In my family, birthdays are a big deal.  You don't just get a birthday day, you get an entire week!  So technically my birthday starts on Sunday :) I actually don't have any big birthday plans this year, but that's ok.  It's still fun to have a day to celebrate!  I have several goals for my 28th year, which I hope to share with you this upcoming week.
 
5.  There's nothing like live jazz to cheer a heavy heart.  We went on a double-date this past weekend to a local jazz club - which is quickly becoming my new favorite hot spot.  If you like music and haven't tried live jazz, you really should!  This guy is probably pushing 80+ but could sing anything.  Seriously - anything. 
 
An anti-silver lining of this week - Downton Abbey Season 3 is done :(  I don't know what I'm going to do with myself on Sunday nights!  And that season finale rocked my world - I think I am still in shock!  If you haven't watched Downton, you really should.  Trust me, it is awesome

4 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Indy seems to be having a rough winter! I was there in January, and it wasn't great.
    I am so upset about the end of Downton season 3. was my favorite character!
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. January isn't the best time of year for us - please try again sometime during the summer, I promise you will like it better! I completely agree about the Downton finale, both surprises from season 3 were my favorites. Can't wait to see what season 4 has in store...!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you were from Indy! I live like 2.5hrs north of Indy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's great, we are pretty close to each other! I hope you aren't getting hit with any lake effect snow this week!

      Delete