Wednesday, January 30, 2013

kid at heart

Last June when I married Steve, I also officially became an aunty to three adorable nieces.  Just looking at them melts my heart, they are all such sweethearts.  And this past weekend, Steve and I got to take them all on a date to Disney on Ice! 

source
I never went to Disney on Ice as a kid, but always wanted to go.  Something about putting Disney princesses on ice skates made the entire Disney kingdom that much more magical in my little-girl-eyes.  Surprisingly enough, that sentiment still remains in my twenty-six-year-old-eyes.  Maybe that's because I am still a kid at heart... you know, the one who loves to take silly photos with her five-year-old niece :)


The evening was magical for all parties involved... except maybe Steve.  But he put on a brave face, and we all had a great time.  Nothing like letting the little kid inside of you come out to play for an evening!


And of course, what kind of uncle and aunt would we be if we didn't give in and buy the $15 glow in the dark slushies? 

Especially when they did this to the girls' tongues!  Haha.


All in all, it was a lovely evening and I am sure the first of many dates with my dear nieces.  Not to mention, it was good to get a break from "adult world" and embrace my inner kid (whose heart leapt, I must admit, when Ariel appeared on the ice and serenaded us with Part of Your World)!



No comments :

Post a Comment